The Department of Psychiatry has compiled a curated collection of resources from a variety of sources to support the mental health and emotional wellbeing of our community during this difficult time. We hope this guide will offer helpful information, expert tips, coping strategies, tools and best practices to support the well-being of individuals and families, as well as healthcare providers on the front-lines of this crisis and the patients they serve.
Emergency Mental Health Helplines:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 or Chat with Lifeline or Text HOPELINE to 741741
- The Trevor Project Lifeline (LGBTQ+): 1-866-488-7386
- Crisis Textline: Text HOME to 741741
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 or Text TalkWithUs to 66746
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 or Text 838255
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS) of Dane County: 1-608-251-4445 or 800-747-4045
- Rape Crisis Center of Dane County: 1-608-251-7273 (Línea de Ayuda: 608-258-2567)
All of the above helplines are free and available 24/7.
General Information on COVID-19:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) (Center for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Novel Coronavirus Advice for the Public (World Health Organization)
- Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) (World Health Organization)
If you have comments or would like to suggest an addition to this guide, please send suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org