Fun facts ...
- Seventeen Nobel prizes and 24 Pulitzers have been awarded to UW-Madison alumni and faculty.
- Madison has more restaurants per capita than any other U.S. city.
- UW-Madison patents have earned $710 million for research.
- One in every 790 living Americans has at least one UW-Madison degree.
- UW-Madison received $583 million last year in research awards.
- A $100 million private gift helped to construct one of the premiere integrated arts facilities in the country, the Overture Center.
- Madison buys more books per capita than all but one other U.S. city.
- UW-Madison claims 340,610 living graduates.
The University of Wisconsin
Here is your link to UW-Madison’s home page, including all academic departments and course catalogs.
Big City Culture - A Place for Families
If you’re interested in arts and entertainment, Madison offers the best of the best at venues that are easy to get to and affordable. From parks and bike paths to zoos and one of the best children’s museums in the U.S., Madison offers families a higher quality of life. Learn more about Madison and check out what the city offers its residents.
Life in Wisconsin
Wisconsin boasts a high quality of life, a thriving four-season outdoor culture and an appealing blend of urban and rural commmunities. The state is near the top in numerous health-care, educational and economic indicators. Learn more about Wisconsin.