Update and Advances in Psychiatry Conference
The Department of Psychiatry, in association with the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health and the Office of Continuing Professional Development in Medicine and Public Health are proud to host the 2nd Annual Update and Advances in Psychiatry on October 10 - 11, 2014 at the Monona Terrace, Madison, Wisconsin. Register online. Download the brochure.
Visiting Faculty and Topics
- Update on the Treatment of Bipolar Depression: Roger S. McIntyre, MD - Professor of Psychiatry and Pharmacology at the University of Toronto; Head of the Mood Disorders Psychopharmacology Unit at the University Health Network, Toronto, Canada
- Update on Neurobiology, Assessment, and Treatment of Suicidality: Maria A. Oquendo, MD - Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Vice Chair for Education, Residency Training Director, Director of Clinical Studies in Molecular Imaging and Neuropathology Division, NYS Psychiatric Institute and Columbia University, New York, NY
- Update on the Treatment of Mood Disorders during Pregnancy and Postpartum: Zachary Stowe, MD - Professor of Psychiatry, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology; Medical Director of the Women's Mental Health Program, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR
- Overview of Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder: Kenneth Towbin, MD - Chief, Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Emotion and Development Branch, Intramural Research Program National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD
Faculty - University of Wisconsin
School of Medicine and Public Health
- Breakout Session - Risk of Suicide in Bipolar Disorder: Eileen Ahearn, MD, Clinical Adjunct Associate Professor, Psychiatry
- Update on the Neurobiology of Depression: Ned Kalin, MD, Hedberg Professor and Chair, Psychiatry
- Breakout Session - Treatment of Mood Disorders in Primary Care: Rachel Molander, MD, Clinical Adjunct Assistant Professor, Psychiatry
- Breakout Session - Role of Exercise on the Treatment of Mood Disorders: Claudia Reardon, MD, Assistant Professor, Psychiatry
- Breakout Session - Treatment of Mood Disorders in Children and Adolescents: Peggy Scallon, MD, Clinical Associate Professor, Psychiatry
- Host and Moderator: Art Walaszek, MD, Professor, Psychiatry
- Accreditation Statement: The University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Credit Designation Statement: The University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 10 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Continuing Education Units: The University of Wisconsin-Madison, as a member of the University Continuing Education Association (UCEA), authorizes this program for 1.0 continuing education units (CEUs) or 10 hours.
- Policy on Faculty and Sponsor Disclosure: It is the policy of the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health that the faculty, authors, planners, and other persons who may influence content of this CME activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with commercial interests in order to allow CME staff to identify and resolve any potential conflicts of interest. Faculty must also disclose any planned discussion of unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices during their presentation(s). Detailed disclosures will be made in the activity handout materials.