3rd Annual Update and Advances in Psychiatry Conference - 2015
The Department of Psychiatry, in association with the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health and the Office of Continuing Professional Development in Medicine and Public Health are proud to host the 3nd Annual Update and Advances in Psychiatry on October 23 - 24, 2015 at the Monona Terrace, Madison, Wisconsin.
Visiting Faculty and Topics
- Management of Treatment-Resistant Depression in Children & Adolescents: Karen Dineen Wagner, MD, PhD; - Marie B. Gale Centennial Professor and Chair Ad Interim; Director, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
- Neurobiology of Schizophrenia and Other Psychotic Disorders: Daniel R. Weinberger, MD; - Director & CEO, Lieber Institute for Brain Development; Professor, Departments of Psychiatry, Neurology, Neuroscience and The Institute of Genetic Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: Thomas C. Neylan, MD; - Professor of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco; Director, PTSD Clinical and Research Programs, San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center; San Francisco, CA
- Management of Treatment-Resistant Depression in Adults, Including Neuromodulatory Techniques: Paul E. Holtzheimer, MD, MS; - Associate Professor, Psychiatry and Surgery, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Lebanon, NH
Faculty - University of Wisconsin
School of Medicine and Public Health
- Breakout Session - Management of Adult ADHD: Jacob M. Behrens, MD; Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
- Breakout Session - Management of Behavioral & Psychological Symptoms of Dementia: Lisa L. Boyle, MD; Clinical Associate Professor of Psychiatry
- Breakout Session - Management of Schizophrenia & Schizoaffective Disorder John Battaglia, MD; Clinical Adjunct Associate Professor of Psychiatry
- Moderator: Ned H. Kalin, MD; Hedberg Professor and Chair of Psychiatry
- Management of Child & Adolescent Behavioral Issues in Primary Care: Brooke R. Kwiecinski, MD; Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
- Pharmacological Treatment of Insomnia: David T. Plante, MD; Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
- Host and Moderator: Art Walaszek, MD, Professor, Psychiatry
Save-the-date: 4th Annual Update and Advances in Psychiatry Conference - 2016 will be held at Monona Terrace on October 14-15, 2016.
- Accreditation Statement: The University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Credit Designation Statement: The University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health designates this live activity for a maximum of 9 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Continuing Education Units: The University of Wisconsin-Madison, as a member of the University Continuing Education Association (UCEA), authorizes this program for 0.9 continuing education units (CEUs) or 9 hours.
- Policy on Faculty and Sponsor Disclosure: It is the policy of the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health that the faculty, authors, planners, and other persons who may influence content of this CME activity disclose all relevant financial relationships with commercial interests in order to allow CME staff to identify and resolve any potential conflicts of interest. Faculty must also disclose any planned discussion of unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices during their presentation(s). Detailed disclosures will be made in the activity handout materials.